Sunday, May 8, 2011

Spider-man Birthday!


On Cinco De Mayo our little man turned 6! It is really crazy to me that so much time has gone by so fast! Here are some things about Owen's life right now:
-top two teeth that we lost tragically last year are finally coming in! yay!
- is really tall one more inch and he will be 4 feet!
- really sweet to me when we wake up in the morning! He sings to me" Good morning to you,good morning to you, to me!"
- really likes school and his teacher
- can makes friends with anyone anywhere we go
- very good at all sports. I think baseball is his favorite for now and he has a really good arm on him!
-loves candy that is sour but he calls it spicy
-hates pizza, i know strange huh!
-can count to ten in spanish
-loves to have me read stories at night before bed, and he can read to me now too which i love!!!
-loves the aquarium, the zoo, the dinosaur museum and trafalga
-would eat cereal and chicken nuggets for the rest of his life if I let him
-wears glasses most of the time without a fight now
-is a pro at his two wheeler bike and will wear his helmet without a fight!
-got his first sunburn ever this summer
-went to see ANNIE and loved it, he loves anything where he can clap ;)
-loves me but always asks "where is dad?"
-his new favorite thing is ganging up on me with Jeremy and tickling me till my cheeks hurt from laughing

I love this kid and I am so lucky to be his mom! He is the sweetest boy and really becoming a little man. He is thoughtful and asks a lot of questions about life and how people feel. I hope that he grows up to be a sweetheart softy just like his dad!

On his birthday we brought spiderman cupcakes to his class and then when he got home from school we surprised him with this new bike! Dont worry we took the training wheels off right after this picture.
  His old one was worn out and the chain and pedal kept falling off no matter how many times we tightened them. This one makes a super cool sound when you crank the handle bar he loves it!

 Monkey game from Rob, Cathy and Jenn. They came over for cake and Ice cream that night and we had a nice visit.
Owen had wanted a spiderman party for a long time and I really wanted to have spiderman come. Jeremy found out one of the trainers at his work had a bunch of costumes and dressed up for things like this so we got him to come and I think it was a big success! The only problem we have now is that we have to do something even better next year! I didnt quite know how I was going to do his cake but it turned out really great I think! He loved the little spider crawling up the candle too!
 This was just one of the 10 targets we put around the yard for the kids to shoot with silly string. I took one of his coloring books and enlarged the bad guys. They turned out pretty cool and the kids said it was the best game of the night.
 After everyone arrived which ended up to be 19 kids!!!! We let them eat and run around for a little while. Owen wasnt really interested in chatting like some of the other kids all he wanted was to play tag!
 While we were waiting for spider-man to show up we played some impromptu games: Simon says
 Simon says jump up and down! :) 

We also had 3 more games that night. 
*Spider toss: they had to toss it into a spider-man bucket
*Radio-active spider: we had them stand in a circle and they had to pass around the spider while music played and when the music stopped the one hold the spider was OUT.
*Guess how many: I put a bunch of small toy spiders in a jar and had them guess how many were in there. The guesses were hilarious!
 After what seemed like forever it was finally time! Jeremy talked to all the kids and told them that Spider-man was Owens favorite good guy and that maybe just maybe if we said MY SPIDEY SENSES ARE TINGLING 3 times he would come for his birthday. The kids yelled it and he jumped into our backyard! I think all the kids were not really sure what was going on at first then they all thought it was so cool! Jeremy said does anyone want to come give him 5 but everyone ran over and gave him hugs! It was super cute!
 Everyone got a can of silly string and then they ran around shooting the bad guys with them. I think our backyard will have silly string on everything till next year!
 Spider-man lifted Owen up for the pictures and everyone had a really hard time looking at the camera for the picture but I thought it was really cute that they couldnt take their eyes off him.

 Just a couple pics of Owen alone

 After that we let anyone who wanted to get their picture taken with spider-man. I got quite a few pictures to print out for parents.
 Everyone sang a great happy birthday song and at the end after" to you" they all yelled really loud... BYU! Funny I guess thats what they do in Owens class when its someones birthday.
 All the girls got little tiaras to wear and the boys got spider-man masks at the end of the party along with a little gift bag with- a spider, candy, a small baseball for the pool, and a spider-man silly band
 After everyone left Jeremy, Owen and I had a little silly string fight of our own. That stuff really stinks but it was so fun to run around the backyard and get each other! Great memories were made that night for sure!
My boys! These two make me so happy!

2 comments:

Kelly Robinson said...

Wow super Mom I think your spidey senses were right on.

Samantha said...

Holy cow a real spider man! that is awesome. And how hilarious for Jeremy to see his friend in full body spandex. Great job momma.

And girl you know I love that they sing BYU at the end. That's a GREAT teacher they have.